Mask Set Editor
As the cost of a complete mask set has dramatically increased and now represents a significant part of the overall project cost, it is critical for design teams, mask data preparation teams, and mask shops to implement a robust and repeatable Mask Data Preparation flow, which increases the productivity of the mask set creation and removes any risk of error.
With new technologies mask sets have become more complex as the number of layers has been steadily growing, the number of process specific items has increased to several hundreds, and new approaches have been introduced to keep costs down, as multi-layer reticules (MLRs).
It is crucial for companies to setup a fully automated mask editing flow in order to shorten time to manufacturing and remove risk of errors.
GTmask is a powerful and fully automated mask set edition tool. It increases productivity and eliminates the risk of error by automating repetitive manual tasks and by making sure that all masks in the mask set are compatible:
- Supports any type of mask, from traditional 2.5X, 4X, 5X magnified masks to 1X masks for very advanced chips or large size dies with optimized flow supporting wafer level dummy filling for increased manufacturing yield
- Speeds up mask set creation with reusable mask templates, for traditional and new mask sharing approaches such as Multi Layer Reticules (MLRs) and Multi Scan Masks
- Optimizes step plans and wafer maps to produce maximum number of frames on the wafer.
- Special features for MEMS designs
GTmask is fully integrated in XYALIS Mask Data Preparation solution and handles standard layout and job deck formats: GDSII, OASIS, MEBES. It can be run through a graphical user interface, or on the command line for automatic processing and easy inclusion in an existing flow.
GTmask has been developed to automate the mask set creation process:
- Increase mask set creation productivity: automated field placement with reusable mask templates.
- Avoid costly errors: fully automated mask set creation flow includes mask compatibility verification and integrated checks at every step of the mask generation.
- Optimize silicon usage: automatic computation of optimum wafer map.
- Increase factory yield: dedicated 1X mask flow with wafer-level metal fill.
- Automated field placement with reusable template
- Support Multi-Layer Reticules and Multi-Scan technologies
- Optimized 1X Mask Flow
- Automated creation of compatible step plans and wafer maps
- Intuitive graphical environment
- Automatic document generation in multiple formats
- Error free final layout database merging