Frame assembly editor
The cost of a complete mask set has dramatically increased and now represents a significant part of the overall project cost. Thus, it is critical for design teams, mask data preparation teams, and mask shops to implement a robust and repeatable Mask Data Preparation flow. This flow must increase the productivity of the mask set creation and remove any risk of error.
Insertion of process specific items in the reticle frame, such as alignment marks, test structures, titles, and barcodes, is a necessary step for mask and chip manufacturing and inspection.
Often this operation is handled manually, making it a lengthy and error prone process, at a stage where errors can be very costly.
GOTframe is a powerful frame generation engine. It increases productivity by automating reticle edition and enabling maximum reuse of process specific item definitions and constraints and avoids costly errors due to manual operations:
- A frame description file defines once all process specific items and constraints. It can be reused throughout multiple projects and can be parameterized for further reusability
- Reticle optimization ensures maximum number of chip in the reticule and minimum scribe line expansion to accommodate all mandatory items
- Insert items inside and around regular arrays of dies as well as in empty areas of multi chip assemblies
- An assembly rule checker warrant that the reticle frame is free from any error and can be manufactured
- The final layout database is constructed to avoid consistency problems and generated user documentation can be customized for the design teams and manufacturing
GOTframe comes with a graphic debug environment to visualize and control in real time the steps of the placement engine.
GOTframe is fully integrated in XYALIS Mask Data Preparation solution and handles standard layout formats: GDSII, OASIS ®. Each module can be run through a graphical user interface, or on the command line for automatic processing and easy inclusion in an existing flow.
GOTframe has been developed to automate the frame assembly process:
- Increase frame generation productivity: a complex frame is generated in minutes and repetitive tasks, such as database consistency checking and user documentation generation are done in seconds.
- Avoid costly errors: automation and design rule checks ensure that the generated frame is manufacturable.
- Increase silicon usage: the tool computes the optimal array and the optimal reticule.
- Reusable frame description file
- Automated item placement
- Field optimization
- Supports multi chip assembly
- Documentation generation
- User-friendly interface
- Visual debug environment for setup