Databases merging tool
As the cost of design and mask sets have dramatically increased with the most advanced processes, it is critical for design teams and mask data preparation teams to include robust and repeatable layout manipulation tools in their flow in order to increase their productivity and remove risk of error.
During DFM and Mask Data Preparation it is required to merge heterogeneous layout databases at different stages of the flow:
- Hard IP integration
- Dummy tile insertion
- Multi-chip assembly
- Titles, revisions, barcode insertion
Merging must be fast and automatically solve inconsistent units and cell naming problems
GOTmerge is a tool that merges GDSII and OASIS ® layout files into a single error-free layout file to be used throughout the tape-out sign-off and mask ordering process:
- Automatic renaming of cells to avoid multiple cell definitions issue with cross reference table to recover original names
- Standardization of user and database units
- Geometrical transformation
GOTmerge creates a correct by construct layout file in a matter of minutes.
GOTmerge is fully integrated in XYALIS layout manipulation suite and in XYALIS Mask Data Preparation solution. It can mix standard layout formats: GDSII, OASIS ®.
- Error-free creation of MCMs, MPWs from heterogeneous GDSII/OASIS® layouts
- Easy instantiation of hard IPs
- Fast finishing of layout prior to manufacturing: title and revision code insertion
- Speed closed to a simple file copy when no format change is requested.
- Supports any geometrical transformations
- Multiple units management
- GDSII/OASIS ® external libraries supported
- Parameterized renaming style
- Use of cblock option in OASIS ® files