Databases checking tool
As the cost of design and mask sets have dramatically increased with the most advanced processes, it is critical for design teams and mask data preparation teams to include robust and repeatable layout manipulation tools in their flow in order to increase their productivity and remove risk of error.
The layout database is the reference of the DFM and Mask Data Preparation flow and it is critical to verify the correctness and portability of the layout throughout the flow.
GTcheck is a powerful tool to verify the integrity of GDSII, OASIS, and MEBES input files during tape-out sign-off and mask ordering process:
- Flags missing cells, multiple-cell definitions, multiple top-cells
- Verifies portability of GDSII, OASIS, and MEBES constructs
- Identifies corrupted databases
- Extracts meaningful information from layout for documentation purposes
- Retrieve signature and verify the checksum added by GTwatermark to GDSII/OASIS database
GTcheck generates custom analysis reports on any layout database in a matter of seconds.
GTcheck is fully integrated in XYALIS layout manipulation suite and in XYALIS Mask Data Preparation solution. It handles standard layout and job deck formats: GDSII, OASIS, MEBES, and works directly on compressed of gzipped files. GTcheck can be run through an intuitive Graphical User Interface or on the command line for automatic processing and easy inclusion in an existing flow
GTcheck warrants GDSII/OASIS/MEBES layouts integrity
- Error free final processing of GDSII/OASIS/MEBES layouts
- Ensures portability of layout databases
- Safe ECO changes
- Detection of multiple cell definitions, multiple top-cells, missing cell
- Extraction of bounding-box calculation, used layers and datatypes, cells hierarchy
- Verification of non-portable constructs
- Directly operates on gzipped files