Databases merging tool
During DFM and Mask Data Preparation it is required to merge heterogeneous layout databases (GDS, OASIS®, OASIS.MASK) at different stages of the flow:
- Hard IP integration
- Dummy tile insertion
- Multi-chip assembly
- Titles, revisions, barcode insertion
Merging must be fast and reliable. GOTmerge automatically solves inconsistent units and cell naming problems.
GOTmerge is a tool that merges GDS, OASIS ® and OASIS.MASK layout files into a single error-free layout file to be used throughout the tape-out sign-off and mask ordering process:
- Automatic renaming of cells to avoid multiple cell definitions issue with cross reference table to recover original names
- Standardization of user and database units
- Geometrical transformation
GOTmerge creates a correct by construct layout file in a matter of minutes.
- Error-free creation of MCMs, MPWs from heterogeneous GDSII/OASIS® layouts
- Easy instantiation of hard IPs
- Fast finishing of layout prior to manufacturing: title and revision code insertion
- Speed closed to a simple file copy when no format change is requested.
- Supports any geometrical transformations
- Multiple units management
- GDSII/OASIS ® external libraries supported
- Parameterized renaming style
- Use of cblock option in OASIS ® files